Post Abortion Fact List
In the U.S., over 50 million women and men have lost a child to abortion. Many are realizing they are not alone and finding that hope and healing are possible. Experts estimate that post-abortion healing programs have already served as many as 20 million women and others impacted by abortion. Learn more at www.utheunchoice.com/healing.htm.
- Abortion is a traumatic event
- 65% suffered multiple symptoms of Post Abortion Stress Disorder
- 30% Higher Risk of Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Over 64% of abortions were coerced; up to 83% wanted to have the baby.
- 79% of post abortive women/girls were not informed of available alternatives
- 84% said they were not given enough information to make an informed choice
- Suicide rates are 6 times higher among women who abort; teens are 6 times more likely to commit suicide if they’ve had an abortion in the last 6 months.
- 67% had no counseling before abortion
- Five Times Higher Risk of Substance Abuse
- 160% More Likely to be Hospitalized for Psychiatric Treatment
- Abortion Increases Risk of Later Miscarriage by 60%
- 95% Want To Be Fully Informed of All Statistically Associated Risks