From the Topeka Capital-Journal: The Senate launched debate Tuesday in advance of a final vote on the nomination of Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius as secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Democrats praised Sebelius’ political experience in Kansas and her bipartisan sensibilities, while Republicans focused on the governor’s support of abortion rights, her support for national health care and mistakes she made on her tax return. One GOP senator said Sebelius’ tolerance of late-term abortion should disqualify her from leading HHS.
Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla, said during the Senate debate that Sebelius’ position on abortion was a “fatal” flaw that should lead to rejection of her nomination. Still, he said there was no doubt Sebelius had enough support in the Democratic-led Senate to be confirmed…..“She lacks some of the moral clarity that is required to lead this nation,” he said. “I believe she has a drastic and fatal character flaw.”
Moral clarity?You don’t need no stinkin’ moral clarity if you are in the Obama Party! All you need is a love for trees, whales and the ozone and hate God, unborn children and under-performing American Citizens.
DEFECTOR! Senator Arlen Specter goes to the other side:
“Whatever my party affiliation, I will continue to be guided by President Kennedy’s statement that sometimes party asks too much. When it does, I will continue my independent voting and follow my conscience on what I think is best for Pennsylvania and America.”
Well, that being said, why in the world would you go to the other side when you vote in an independent manner, anyway? Do the Dems have a better retirement plan? No, read on:
“Let’s be honest — Sen. Specter didn’t leave the GOP based on principles of any kind,” RNC Chair Michael Steele said in a statement. “He left to further his personal political interests because he knew that he was going to lose a Republican primary due to his left-wing voting record.”
Classic. What a sleazebag. This is a guy that would sell out his own mother…a PERFECT Obama Party member! Here are his highlights on abortion:
- Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
- Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
- Voted NO on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
- Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
- Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
- Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
- Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
- Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
- Voted NO on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
- Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
- Voted NO on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
- Rated 21% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
- Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
- Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
- Protect the reproductive rights of women. (Jan 1993)
There you go…a new Democrat has been birthed. And just in time for the vote!