Ted Kennedy dies of brain cancer at the age of 77. So…what about Camelot?
The Kennedy family initially made their money rum-running during prohibition. They were not ‘blue-blood’, they were nobodies….just Irish immigrants. And at that time, the Irish were considered dirty and only good for servitude. I for one do not like that about the Irish, because I am from Irish immigrants myself.
Anyway, the Kennedys bought their way into society; they were ‘new’ money. So how in the world did they get so famous? Scandal and marrying well.
Being Democrats and Catholic never changed the opinion of the Kennedy’s that abortion is a woman’s choice. Ted Kennedy fought and fought over healthcare reform that would include government paid abortion on demand to keep the ‘burden’ off the system, i.e. the government.
Here is some of his voting record on abortion:
- Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
- Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
- Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
- Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
- Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
- Voted NO on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
- Voted NO on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
- Voted NO on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
- Voted NO on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
- Voted NO on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
- Rated 100% by NARAL, indicating a pro-choice voting record. (Dec 2003)
- Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
- Sponsored bill for emergency contraception for rape victims. (Sep 2006)
- Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
- Ensure access to and funding for contraception. (Feb 2007)
Getting back to Teddy…he was also riddled with scandal after scandal. Money can pretty much buy you anything but it can’t buy eternity in Heaven. Actually, let me rephrase that…money can buy an eternity in Hell but salvation is FREE.
I am of the opinion that most of the Kennedy clan did not know the Lord. They were staunch Roman Catholic as are a lot of the Irish. Most of my family is the same so I have some experience at this. Being RC is hard to overcome because the vanity of it is so strong.
It’s obvious what master Ted Kennedy served…but unfortunately for him, it wasn’t Jesus Christ. Right now, Mr. Kennedy is answering for what he has done. It’s too bad, though…he had the chance to repent and live.