What do we learn from politicians that fabricate and manipulate the system? We learn that liars will be found out and agendas will be made aware:
- Abortion funding, moreover, would be in sync with Obama’s stated position that reproductive health constitutes “essential care.”
- Despite what Obama said, the House bill would allow abortions to be covered by a federal plan and by federally subsidized private plans.
- The truth is that bills now before Congress don’t require federal money to be used for supporting abortion coverage.
- The Capps amendment states that some abortions ‘shall’ be covered by the ‘public option’ plan, specifically those types of abortions that Congress allows to be covered under Medicaid, under the Hyde Amendment.
- “It will be a plan that will provide all essential services, including reproductive services, as well as mental health services and disease management services; because part of our interest is to make sure that we’re putting more money into preventive care.” –Barack Hussein Obama–
- As for the House bill as it stands now, it’s a matter of fact that it would allow both a “public plan” and newly subsidized private plans to cover all abortions.
Thanks FactCheck.org, Cincinnati Post & NRLC.org
This ‘one hand washes the other’ is a pitiful attempt to placate everyone in the abortion debate via HR3200. Giving just a little bit to get more only makes a huge mess. Stick to your guns!
Obama has either clearly LIED or is really so stupid to be that misinformed. I really don’t buy the misinformed thing.
The Senate and the House reconvenes today. I guess we’ll see.