When you think of a Girl Scout, you think of camping, cookies and crafts…not learning about stone labyrinths, world peace, global warming, yoga, avatars, smudging incense, Zen gardens along with feminist, communist and lesbian role models….GSUSA upholds a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy on sexuality. Nice.
Girl Scouts of the USA makes no attempt to define or interpret the word “God” in the Girl Scout Promise, either.
But here’s the best part…the Girl Scouts of America supports Planned Parenthood. Yes, PLANNED PARENTHOOD.
Much like the lauded Susan G. Komen foundation, their charters and/or councils do support and financially support Planned Parenthood. They make it sound like a bubble of activity but it’s much larger than that.
According to STOPP International, they found relationships between Girl Scout Councils and Planned Parenthood (PP):
- Any troop in the council inviting PP to speak.
- Having scouts attend PP events to earn a badge.
- Co-sponsor Planned Parenthood event.
- Co-sponsor, with PP, a third-party event.
- Promotion of a PP event or event with PP participation.
- PP execs/board members serving on GS board.
- Giving award to PP executive.
So next time you leave the grocery store and a cute pig-tailed 10 year old looks up at you with freckles and blue eyes and asks you to buy her cookies, say NO! I will not buy cookies that fund abortions!
CRIPES!! You can’t even buy Girl Scout cookies anymore!
Other related articles: