Bernard Schlueter, a board member of Ohio Right to Life, has taken the same venue and role that his executive director has taken – the path of least resistance. Just like Mike Gonidakis of Ohio Right to Life, Mr. Schlueter has the blood of unborn Ohioans on his hands if he does not support the Heartbeat Bill.
In part, Schlueter says in his editorial, “We align ourselves with the Catholic Church and other church teaching in order to achieve the ultimate goal while working to preserve life in the present moment.” That was his first mistake. The right to Life is not a Catholic issue – the Right to Life is God given and taught in the canon of Scripture that is inspired by God, not by a denomination or its framers. The BIBLE contends that our Life has been known to HIM since the foundation of the world; all Life that has not been known to us yet is known to HIM and it is up to us as CHRISTIANS to maintain what HIS Holy Word says: “Thou shalt not kill” and “Love your neighbor as yourself”.
KeepLifeLegal is an advocate of Life at all stages and the Heartbeat Bill. We believe that God is our inspiration for the cause of Life, not denominations or organizations:
Here at KeepLifeLegal, we believe what the BIBLE says because it is the INSPIRED WORD OF GOD. We do not associate our ministry with denominations because they teach what their founder(s) believe or conjured, not what the BIBLE teaches which is:
- The finished work of Jesus Christ; The only means of being cleansed from sin is through Repentance and Faith in the Precious Blood of Christ
- There is one God, eternally co-existent in three Persons – God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Trinity)
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God
Anyone that understands these most basic points of Christianity will comprehend that Life is precious to God in all forms and ages regardless of how much it costs or who is aggravates. The price of Life cannot be calculated or determined.
For as inconsequential as Gonidakis and Schlueter really are in the grand scheme of things, they are doing their best to destroy what can be the most important piece of legislation that has crossed the desk for the unborn. It should be Ohio Right to Life’s responsibility to whole-heartedly back any and all prolife legislation.
These people are real deal and the who’s who of the prolife movement that is supporting the Heartbeat Bill:
- Governor Mike Huckabee
- Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel
- Congressman Steve Chabot
- Former Secretary of State Ken Blackwell
- Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council Action
- Tim Wildmon, president of the American Family Association
- Wendy Wright, president of Concerned Women for America
- Dr. Jack Willke, founder of Nat’l and Ohio Right to Life and president of International Right to Life
- Father Frank Pavone, president of Priests for Life
- Joseph Farah, CEO of WorldNetDaily
- Barrett Duke, Ph.D., of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention
- Randy Alcorn, author
- Lila Rose, president of Live Action
- Jill Stanek, columnist
- Bishop Harry Jackson
- Walter Weber, Senior Legal Counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice
- Mat Staver, dean of Liberty School of Law, founder of Liberty Counsel, and president of Freedom Federation.
And this is the short list. There are over 400 groups and leaders that support Ohio’s Heartbeat Bill…Gonidakis and Schlueter have made this a personal issue, not a Life issue.