When in the trenches of the Prolife Wars, we are faced not with the task at hand – saving the unborn – but with who’s right and who’s wrong. It’s a speed bump that lies in wait for us by the devil himself. We argue apologetics and doctrine but what is most important in Prolife-dom is saving the child. We need to save apologetics for the pulpit (or where ever one worships/preaches) and focus on the babies.
While considering all of this, I remember that I am a Christian FIRST. The Bible is clear and should never be overlooked in the fight for Life. It’s a fine line to walk when you see obvious inconsistencies in doctrine; I guess that’s the preacher/teacher/Pastor in me. But getting back to my original thought, the devil and his demons seek to devour us even in the trenches of the Prolife Wars to keep us from protecting the unborn.
So, let’s level the playing field and get back to what the Bible says about how every unborn child is known, loved and protected by God, before and after conception. Another point to think about when doctrine gets in the way is that the unborn baby has absolutely NO knowledge of organized religion of any kind. In other words, the baby is not Baptist, Catholic, Lutheran, etc. He/she only knows God not religion:
- “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord.” Psalm 127:3
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5
- “Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.” Psalm 139:16
- “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.” Psalm 139:13
- “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11:
- “This will be written for the generations to come, that a people yet to be created may praise the Lord.” Psalm 102:18-19
- “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of Heaven”. Matthew 19:14
And finally, “I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you Life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore CHOOSE LIFE, that both you and your descendants may live.” Deuteronomy 30:19
*All scripture quoted is NKJV.