I am writing this to the pre-abortive moms and dads; I am also writing this to the addict and prostitute. We humans are very quick to judge God for our lives…why are we here? We feel used, abused and unimportant. Our very existence seems without worth but we’re still here. Does God KNOW we exist? I can tell you that there were times when I wondered all of this. I have thought long and hard about how much I have violated God’s trust in me; an expectation He has for the life He gave me, a stewardship and an assignment for my own life that I was not taking seriously.
Bottom line is that I was trying to be my own God for so long that even the God I thought I was gave up.
We are not alone in feeling left on the side of the road. But that is not God’s plan for us nor is it His intention to keep us from being who He meant for us to be. WE ARE KEEPING GOD FROM BEING GOD.
If we feel that we have a life of omission – that is NOT from God. He created us to be called to do a work for Him. The implication that God doesn’t care about His creation is not only NOT true but unbiblical:
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5
There is much that this verse says about LIFE. We feel so insignificant because of our sin and circumstances that we wonder why God would bother with us. God is not the author of confusion (1Corinthians 14:33) nor does He delight in watching us fail (1Corinthians 10:13).
Life is precious to God. He gave it to us with hope that we will protect it. As Jeremiah 1:5 says, every human being is known by God before the creation of the world; we are known, we are ordained, we have a work and a plan by God to follow and finish.
Not one person or unborn child is exempt from the will of God or His plan:
- We are known regardless of our social status. Next time you drive down the street and see the homeless, the prostitute, the drug dealer, the passed out drunk, keep in mind that they are also known by God and has a plan set before them BY GOD. Their current status is NOT from God, it is not to be their expected end (Jeremiah 29:11). WE ARE ALL CREATED BY A HOLY GOD. PERIOD.
- Not defined by our parent’s sin. More often than not, children that are aborted are from single parents. Marriage and sexual integrity has become some kind of byproduct of a bygone era; society feels it’s too big of a step to get married but not a problem to have many children or many abortions. Some unborn children are a result from the horrific sins of an incestuous relationship, rape or outside of marriage….even so, everyone is created by God.
- God creates us, not our parents. Our limited sphere of thinking about who our Creator is gives us limited views of everything else in our life. When the awesomeness of God is taken away, then our lives seem less important and our tendency to sin is greater. When we finally realize that God knew us before our parents did, then their sin doesn’t have its effect on us any longer; i.e.: if they are alcoholics or an addict, then we can break the chain of EVERY addiction knowing that WE DO NOT INHERIT WHAT IS NOT OF GOD. Your parent’s sin does NOT define who you are or will be. (Romans 8:1-2)
- God ordains us, the world does not. This temporal world is not going to give you what God can. God has a work specifically just for you. He will protect you and provide (provision, not worldly prosperity) for you when you do His work: “Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.” (Jeremiah 1:9)
- Abortion binds the hands of God. Aborted children had a plan by God that was heinously interrupted by being murdered in the womb. Women and men that act as God to determine what is right and wrong is why multiple millions of unborn children have been slaughtered. God has never ordered that any man or woman abort their child for any reason. Doing so is telling God He cannot be God: “For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.” (Romans 8:29-31)
Beloved, God has not forgotten you. He will be with you to strengthen, affirm and to deliver you. We are not forsaken, although I know it feels like it sometimes. But the good news is that He loves us:
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.” Jeremiah 29:11-14
If you are pregnant and thinking about abortion, remember that God has a separate plan you and your precious unborn baby regardless of your current circumstances. If you are post-abortive, abortion is forgivable through the healing and saving power of Jesus Christ.
If you are an addict, afflicted or hopeless, remember that God has a plan for you, too. He seeks you to do His will; He will provide, He will gird you, He will heal you.
If you are suicidal, God is waiting for you to acknowledge Him so He can help you. Your life is NOT in vain, it is ORDAINED.
Your LIFE can change today: “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, ‘Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.’ For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:9-13)
You are not forgotten.