Matthew 9:10-12 says, “And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples. And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners? But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.”
My husband put this together for his Facebook page today and I am sharing it with you in its entirety:
Yesterday I posed the question, would Jesus go to Starbucks? Before I answer let me be clear on a few things:
- I abhor same sex marriage, the LGBT movement is a main cog in destroying America
- I hate abortion/murder of babies and I will spend the rest of my life fighting it
- I believe we need to be informed of the views businesses have concerning these issues and that we should choose wisely as good stewards who we spend our money with
- I believe we should do all we can to spend our money with those who are closely aligned with biblical principles if possible
- As Christians we should do all we can to support and promote Gods Plan for the Biblical Natural family
- The LGBT is comprised of less than 4% of the American population, it is our fault that we somehow let the 4% control the 96%
- We need to Fight as hard for our Biblical and Constitutional Freedoms as those who fight against them.
“All of that said we must understand that the Government, most private business and nearly all publicly held companies support Liberal causes and views, including same sex marriage and the ‘murder of precious God-given life through abortion. Lists of those companies are available from many sources on the web, get them and be informed, spend less money with them if possible; it is nearly impossible to not spend some money with them but we can be more informed and make better choices and those choices will speak loudly to their profit margins and bottom line!
“What’s important for me is that Jesus said we are the ‘Salt of the Earth’ and ‘The Light of the World’; we have to have ‘contact’ (not fellowship) with the world to win those in the world to Jesus Christ.
“My conclusion: I believe that Starbucks is the exactly the kind of place Jesus would go to and share his love and Saving Grace and Mercy. Starbucks is not a ‘night club’ or a ‘dope house’ – it is a coffee shop/restaurant much like some of those you already go to and support, some of which are supporting the same issues. So come out and join me for a cup of coffee and a little fellowship, Maybe I’ll even go to my local Starbucks and start a bible study while I have my coffee.”
Be Blessed, Pastor Joe.