A re-post from September 11, 2010. Actual 9/11 stats may have changed since then, but you’ll get the idea. My final thoughts are this: As a nation, we have NOT learned the gift of LIFE, we have NOT learned that America is targeted by the Muslim community, and we have NOT learned that we have NOT LEARNED. September 11 came and went, we have memorials but little, if anything, has been done about how we secure our borders and protect LIFE. ~ Rev. K.H.
This was an attack not necessarily foreseen but was probable. Since the attacks, measures have been taken to make another risk less probable; although these measures are not good enough to make us less wary that it can occur again. Because of a liberal government, we are not allowed to point fingers and keep particular people out of the United States that can be a threat to take more American lives at any time.
One source says 2,966 Americans died in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on American soil. Another says 3,497.
New York Magazine says (in part):
- Total number killed in attacks (official figure as of 9/5/02): 2,819
- Number of firefighters and paramedics killed: 343
- Number of NYPD officers: 23
- Number of Port Authority police officers: 37
- Number of WTC companies that lost people: 60
- Number of employees who died in Tower One: 1,402
- Number of employees who…
View original post 198 more words