City Council of Columbus, Ohio, is indeed trying to legislate the abortion agenda from the sidewalk. They do this by legislating away the public’s freedom of speech and religious freedom while on the sidewalk of abortion businesses. Clearly, proaborts, so-called ‘escorts’, and a police officer was bought and paid for. This was all agenda driven, no one could produce evidence that a crime was ever committed. From the pathetic venue to the outright lies, this was sewn up from the very beginning. Essentially, the usual suspects are still using the abortion agenda to undo the Constitution. After all, it is the Constitution, not prolifers, that stands in their way.
SO….you must be asking how this can happen? A state representative said: “In [the] Ohio constitution it provides cities with home rule which gives them certain powers, including things like this.” Powers, such as usurping the United States Constitution?
A better synopsis is from Greater Columbus Right to Life:
- Teeny Room: Seriously, did they look for the smallest room possible? There was room in the hearing, counting standing room, for maybe 60 people.
- Dozens Locked Out: Because City Council choose such a small location, dozens who wanted to attend were locked out of the building.
- City Police Officer Lied: Columbus police officer Nicole, who occasionally worked as a private duty police officer at Founder’s, told city council members of her experiences with volunteers. One anecdote that she shared was that volunteers would lie to women by telling them that the abortion clinic had employed a known sex offender, when that was not true. Except, it was true. Read all about it here: http://www.gcrtl.org/blog/abortion-provider-indicted-on-child-pornography-charges
- Public Testimony Limited: Although billed as a public hearing which would allow proponents and opponents of the proposal to testify for/against the law in 3-minute, alternating witness statements, City Council filled the time with member statements, a presentation from their attorney, and the statements of one officer mentioned above. In total, only about fifteen minutes of the 5:30-7:00pm hearing were allotted to opponent speakers.
- It Was All A Farce: It was all a farce anyway, and it was obvious that this was little more than for-show hearing. City Council already showed its hand that it intends to act on this proposal next Monday. [Sign the petition here]
Elizabeth Brown, Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown’s daughter, shows her allegiance to her liberal roots with their rhetorical anti-freedom agenda as a council person for Columbus and outright lied on Twitter saying “We’ve seen 170% more police calls to health clinics. Now’s the time to stand for women & pass our anti-harassment law.” She has spearheaded this debacle with the help of anti-life proabort groups using hearsay rather than truth and actual evidence.
And while these anti-life groups whined about ‘out-of-towners’ being at the meeting, they didn’t mind using ‘testimony’ regarding the Dayton area abortion business, which had absolutely nothing to do with Columbus nor did it coincide with the proposed buffer zone rule.
So, to sum this debacle up, prolifers will lose on the sidewalk in Columbus. I’m surprised it took this long for them to do this, however, the Constitution is still on the side of FREEDOM, even when tyranny rears its ugly head. It is apparent that by the look and type of the council members, this deck has been stacked in a way that only a Supreme Court fight can undo. Lies and rhetoric, no evidence, will make their abortion agenda prevail. Just as the Orlando shooter’s wife will answer for knowing he would target and murder so many people, so will every council member, proabort, and deathscorts that ‘testified’ last evening and does the work of inequity EVERY SINGLE DAY.
I propose an entity start looking into suing the Columbus council AND beginning a ‘movement’ #allbabieslivesmatter and have ‘prolife free speech safe space’ on EVERY sidewalk ALL ACROSS AMERICA.
EXPOSING THE ABORTION AGENDA FROM THE PULPIT, ON THE SIDEWALK, THE MEDIA & IN THE STATEHOUSE. KeepLifeLegal advocates for unborn life on the sidewalks of abortion facilities, the steps of the Statehouse, and the Church with prayer, community outreach, and real LIFE supporting options.