Abortion Stats 101
- When abortion became legal in 1973, the rate of abortion went up (nearly immediately), not down, despite what experts thought.
- In 1972, a total of 24 women died from causes known to be associated with legal abortions, and 39 died as a result of known illegal abortions (CDC). In 2003, 10 women died from legal abortion.
- Less than 1% of all abortions that were performed were to save the life of the mother, incest, rape which accounts for at least 550,000 of lives lost since 1973 due to their circumstance ONLY.
- 90% of abortion clinics are in metropolitan areas; 75% of abortion clinics are in low income or poverty stricken areas.
- The abortion ratios by state ranged from a low of 43 abortions per 1,000 live births in Idaho to a high of 770 abortions per 1,000 live births in NYC (CDC).
- 43% of all women 45 years old and younger are Post Abortive. Nearly half of them will abort again.
- 40% of minors having an abortion report that neither of their parents knew about the abortion (AGI).
- 90% of unborn children that are diagnosed with Down Syndrome will be aborted.
- Nearly half of pregnancies among American women are unintended; about 4 in 10 of these are terminated by abortion. Twenty-two percent of all U.S. pregnancies end in abortion. (AGI).
- Black women are nearly 5 times more likely to abort than Caucasian women; Hispanic women are 2-3 times more likely.
- 43% of women obtaining abortions identify themselves as Protestant, and 27% identify themselves as Catholic (AGI).
- 1.2 million unborn babies dies each year in the US; 42 million each year worldwide; approx 115,000 per day.
- Last year, over $363 million of taxpayers’ money went to Planned Parenthood.
Rev. K.H. says, “Keep in mind that the actual number of abortions are higher than what is REPORTED. As we all have gleaned from the Gosnell house of horrors in Philadelphia, the real numbers are much higher than anticipated. There are illegal abortion clinics all over the United States that do not report abortions; Gosnell’s clinic was just the tip of the iceberg. Do not be deceived – abortifacients prescribed by doctors are killing unborn babies, whether intentional or not.”
(Abort73.com, Guttmacher.org, CDC.gov)
Post Abortion Fact List
In the U.S., over 50 million women and men have lost a child to abortion. Many are realizing they are not alone and finding that hope and healing are possible. Experts estimate that post-abortion healing programs have already served as many as 20 million women and others impacted by abortion. Learn more at www.utheunchoice.com/healing.htm.
- Abortion is a traumatic event
- 65% suffered multiple symptoms of Post Abortion Stress Disorder
- 30% Higher Risk of Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Over 64% of abortions were coerced; up to 83% wanted to have the baby.
- 79% of post abortive women/girls were not informed of available alternatives
- 84% said they were not given enough information to make an informed choice
- Suicide rates are 6 times higher among women who abort; teens are 6 times more likely to commit suicide if they’ve had an abortion in the last 6 months.
- 67% had no counseling before abortion
- Five Times Higher Risk of Substance Abuse
- 160% More Likely to be Hospitalized for Psychiatric Treatment
- Abortion Increases Risk of Later Miscarriage by 60%
- 95% Want To Be Fully Informed of All Statistically Associated Risks
EXPOSING THE ABORTION AGENDA FROM THE PULPIT, ON THE SIDEWALK & IN THE STATEHOUSE. KeepLifeLegal advocates for unborn life on the sidewalks of abortion facilities, the steps of the Statehouse, and the Church with prayer, community outreach, and real LIFE supporting options.