According to Lifenews.com, the White House website has already been changed to reflect the pro-choice message that the current administration supports. I cannot adequately explain how I feel at this time – it’s as if I can hear millions of voices suddenly silenced. My husband was nearly in a tussle with a brother in the Lord that happens to be black; this man was rejoicing as the new president was sworn in. As well, my husband asked him how he can do this knowing that the president will now be responsible for even more deaths through abortion than ever before. And as usual, this man was confrontational and brusk siting racial motivation to my husband. Another man that my husband talked to, also a black man, asked what the Freedom of Choice Act was – when he found out, he wept. This man wept because he knows the judgement of Almighty God will be upon us for this horrific thing. Any one who believes in God AT ALL should have never voted for ANYONE that supports abortion or any related issues.
Tomorrow, January 22, 2009, marks the 36th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision. I urge you and anyone you know to view a short video. It is an anti-prochoice ad that is being shown in some parts of the country that features the former Jane Roe. Click here to view.
When the Freedom of Choice Act is signed, not only will it allow anyone to abort at anytime during the pregnancy, but it will also allow civil suits to be filed against peaceful protesters who are only trying to save the lives of those that, according to the new administration, have no value.
“Officials with the incoming administration of Barack Obama have confirmed that he will indeed overturn a pro-life policy of President Bush on his first day in office. Despite campaigning on the rhetoric of wanting to reduce abortions, Obama will make one of his first actions promoting them globally.”
This means that we as a country and tax payers will now have to pay for women all over the world, particularly in third-world countries, to get contraceptives and abortions. Read on:
The UNFPA says :
“But reproductive health problems remain the leading cause of ill health and death for women of childbearing age worldwide. Impoverished women, especially those living in developing countries, suffer disproportionately from unintended pregnancies, maternal death and disability, sexually transmitted infections including HIV, gender-based violence and other
problems related to their reproductive system and sexual behaviour. Because young people often face barriers in trying to get the information or care they need, adolescent reproductive health is another important focus of UNFPA programming.”
This is all about population control with whatever means necessary up to and including abortion. The new President will see to it that more lives are lost every day due to abortion of unsuspecting women not knowing fully what they are about to do and the ramifications of it. Who will be there to dry the tears of mothers and fathers that realized they have lost a child that they cannot get back? Not the President. Not the Democratic supporters. Not the United Nations.
Micah 7:7 says, “Therefore I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me.”
Yesterday morning, on National Sanctity of Human Life Day, the Lord dropped this into my heart and I wanted to share it:
Jeremiah 11:19 reads “But I was like a lamb or an ox that is brought to the slaughter, and I knew not that they had devised devices against me saying, let us destroy the tree with the fruit thereof, and let us cut him off from the land of the living, that his name may be no more remembered;” (Expositor’s Study Bible).
Jeremiah is a type of Christ, I know, but this verse seemed so appropriate for this horrible loss of life called abortion. If you look at the verse, it’s the fruit of the tree that was to be ‘cut off’ so that no one would know about it. And so is abortion; an unnamed child to be forgotten as if it never was. But God knows that child. He knows all children, born or unborn.
I am not a Bible scholar, I only know what the Lord said to my heart. The Devil seeks the preborn children, the most innocent of all humankind and knows they can’t fight back – YET. But wait until Jesus comes back in Glory – the children will be with him – all 50 million of them. Now that’s an army!
I stumbled across a website, quite by accident, that sounded kind of like a profound Pro-Life site of God, if that made any sense. I won’t name it because it is so hideous and probably illegal. The home page showed a ‘late term abortion’. The child’s head was separated from it’s little body as well as an arm. The umbilical cord was still attached. It was a little boy. All this I saw in 5 seconds time, enough time to see this horrific photo and understand that this was a site that used violence like bombings and murdering abortion ‘doctors’. I recognized a name that was in the news from a recent bombing. I’m still stunned at what I saw.
Still, what I realize is that this particular late term abortion that I saw, as awful as it was, was no different than a first trimester abortion. It actually might be worse because an ‘evacuation’ literally tears apart the entire body of the pre-born child. I can only imagine what it was like to hold on for life while being sucked out of the womb in pieces.
President Bush is about to leave office but he left a nice legacy for us; National Sanctity of Human Life Day beginning tomorrow, January 18th.
One child at a time, one mother at a time. We will beat this.
In 1995 a prestigious group of thirty-five US physicians, the “Value of Life Committee”, issued this restatement of the Oath in modern language, with a few updates to reflect changing circumstances over the past twenty-two hundred years, but with the same ethical principles. Here it is:
I swear in the presence of the Almighty and before my family, my teachers and my peers that according to my ability and judgment I will keep this Oath and Stipulation:
- To reckon all who have taught me this art equally dear to me as my parents and in the same spirit and dedication to impart knowledge of the art of medicine to others. I will continue with diligence to keep abreast of advances in medicine. I will treat without exception any who seek my ministrations, so long as the treatment of others is not compromised thereby, and I will seek the counsel of particularly skilled physicians where indicated for the benefit of my patient.
- I will follow that method of treatment which according to my ability and judgment I consider for the benefit of my patient and abstain from whatever is harmful or mischievous. I will neither prescribe nor administer a lethal dose of medicine to any patient even if asked nor counsel any such thing nor perform act or omission with direct intent deliberately to end a human life. I will maintain the utmost respect for every human life from fertilization to natural death and reject abortion that deliberately takes a unique human life.
- With purity, holiness, and beneficence I will pass my life and practice my art. Except for the prudent correction of an imminent danger, I will neither treat any patient nor carry out any research on any human being without the valid informed consent of the subject or the appropriate legal protector thereof, understanding that research must have as its purpose the furtherance of the health of that individual. Into whatever patient setting I enter, I will go for the benefit of the sick and will abstain from every voluntary act of mischief or corruption and further from the seduction of any patient.
- Whatever in connection with my professional practice or not in connection with it I may see or hear in the lives of my patients which ought not to be spoken abroad I will not divulge, reckoning that all such should be kept secret.
- While I continue to keep this Oath unviolated may it be granted to me to enjoy life and the practice of the art and science of medicine with the blessing of the Almighty and respected by my peers and society, but should I trespass and violate this Oath, may the reverse be my lot.
Enough said! Actually, as it happens, there are even more versions of the Oath so that these doctors can play God. However, the original intent of the Oath was to make the profession of Physician to be ‘honorable’. It sure has made a left turn, eh?