Interesting Letters to the Editor of the Columbus Dispatch regarding abortion in the last couple of days. A rebuttal letter is after this…whatever it is. If this does not prove that abortion and it’s purveyors and advocates aren’t insane, then YOU aren’t paying attention. And just a quick FYI: The Facebook reposter was from the Ohio Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice. So then, putting their stamp of approval on this…whatever it is, should shine a light on the insanity of OROCRC.
Enjoy: “I am dismayed by the lack of insight conveyed by the Friday letter “Abortion ends hope for future students” from John E. Evans. Pregnancies are ended precisely because the resulting children will likely not be the “scholars, athletes, inventors” so blithely and naively envisioned in that letter.
“Would-be parents lovingly hand their precious unborns back to the universe because we know or fear that their bodies are malformed, drug-addled, malnourished or endangered. We hand our unborns back in order to protect them from lives of poverty, violence or unlove.
“We trust that we will be guided to the proper solutions for our children, whether that means allowing their births or allowing them to return to the Divine. We trust that they will be cared for either way. And we trust that we will be sent “nothing but angels” to skillfully and compassionately assist in either course. This we have been promised in scripture.
“In the United States, these rights to trust and to hand back our unborns is protected by law. But now, just because a human like Evans has made up a vision of healthy tots skipping off to safe schools with shoes, lunches, backpacks and love notes, we should suddenly trust him instead? Not gonna happen. Nor should it ever.
“To those who would interfere with parents’ rights to give their unborn children up to universal care: Your efforts to force births are abusive to all of us and especially to the unborn. Your efforts are arrogant, illegal, immoral and extremely un-Christian.” [Martha Sanders, Columbus] Read it here.
BUT WAIT! THERE’S MORE! The rebuttal, classic: “I was stunned to read the Tuesday letter “Forcing births is abusive to all, including the unborn” from Martha Sanders, which disingenuously rationalized abortion. Her benign, pastoral, Christian-mocking argument that a woman loves her unborn so much that she wants to return it to God to protect it from being “malformed, malnourished or endangered in life” by sucking it out through a surgical soda straw is not just thinly veiled conscience-quelling claptrap, it reads like the motivational line for a Hollywood hospital-movie serial killer: “And that’s why unbalanced Nurse Cruella secretly murders all those babies in the neonatal ICU.”
“In addition, if her argument of “protecting those from possible poverty, violence and unlovedness” by killing them applies to the unborn, why can’t that be the T-shirt slogan for execution squads roaming the streets hunting the homeless? Doesn’t every soul deserve to live life and not be snuffed out for someone else’s preference or convenience.” [Robert Perdue, New Albany] Read it here.
Being an Ordained Minister, this…whatever it is, is not of God NOR of Christianity. I would make an educated guess that this Martha person is probably part of a cult or aspiring to be.
At any rate, thanks to Robert of New Albany for his great response, pray for Martha.
If you are, at all, a well rounded Christian, you KNOW that both anti-abortion activism and prolife ministry are timely. LIFE is the message of the hour. Without LIFE, there is nothing. Loving your neighbor means even the smallest and most vulnerable who can never say ‘thank you’. Hiding behind credentials and a pulpit does not exempt you from your duty to be Pastor to ALL.
Prolife street ministry is our last defense for the unborn who are within the reach of the abortionist. Give them the Gospel, give them hope, give them LIFE, stand fast in the FAITH, love them both.
“But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you…..Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.” [Matthew 5:44, 48].
Love them both, protect them both. Stand in the gap.
EXPOSING THE ABORTION AGENDA FROM THE PULPIT, ON THE SIDEWALK, THE MEDIA & IN THE STATEHOUSE: “Once I realized that my abortion was a tragedy and not an accomplishment, I was able to discern correctly that abortion is, indeed, MURDER.” ~ Rev. Kat, post-abortive minister, counselor, AMERICAN.
YOU can contribute to KeepLifeLegal by simply going to the sidewalk, praying, voting for and supporting anti-abortion candidates.
#fillthebooties is a personal initiative and ministry to literally do exactly that, fill the booties. Even after losing my babies, I never put my hook and yarn completely away. I set it aside for awhile, but never lost hope that what little I can do for an unplanned little one will be a hand extended with love, hope and Jesus.
Source: Mama Kat’s House: #fillthebooties
Never, NOT ONCE have we ever shopped Black Friday; it’s a waste of time and money and resources that could go to those in real need. Today, right now, moms are thinking about abortion because they have no food, no clothes, no diapers, no bottles, and NO HOPE. I was once one of those moms; I know what it is like to have less than nothing and pregnant.
Money is standing between life and abortion. MONEY. Your own family will bail out on you and your baby because of money…but seem to suddenly have money for an abortion.
Imagine how many unborn babies would be saved simply because there were enough resources to help these moms!
This Christmas season, PLEASE consider giving some your time and gift money to prolife MINISTRIES and Christian street ministries that help clothe and feed the homeless. We cannot compromise ourselves for the ultimate Christmas gift rather than giving back of our abundance to the very least of these.
Fill the booties, not the abortionist’s pockets. The REAL WAR ON WOMEN is not having the resources to keep their unborn children. Find local crisis pregnancy centers and ministries and please donate items or money or time! You will save LIVES.
EXPOSING THE ABORTION AGENDA FROM THE PULPIT, ON THE SIDEWALK & IN THE STATEHOUSE. KeepLifeLegal advocates for unborn life on the sidewalks of abortion facilities, the steps of the Statehouse, and the Church with prayer, community outreach, and real LIFE supporting options.
A Pastor friend of mine asked, “What can people do that can’t or won’t go to the sidewalk but has burden for the unborn?” While everyone is welcome on the sidewalk, some people can’t come. Regardless of the reason why you cannot come to the sidewalk, there are things you can do to help:
- Support your local prolifers. You pass them all the time on your way to work or the grocery store. They stand in pouring rain, deal with excruciating heat, and the crippling cold of winter. You would be surprised how far a kind word goes. Feel free to wave, too!
- Volunteer at your local pregnancy center. You have no idea how much your life skills can help young, scared pregnant women. And sometimes these centers could use your extra time to sort through donated clothes and baby items.
- Remember to vote PROLIFE. We need prolife leaders; Judges, Mayors, Council people, Representatives, Senators, etc. Never should a person hold office that does not believe in representing ALL lives, not just the born ones. Call and email your representative often! After all, they work for YOU and their unborn future voters!
- Give and volunteer at your local Prolife Committees, Right to Life, and PAC’s. They help to provide for moms and families, promote prolife lawmakers, and maintain a life-minded community.
- Church and Ministries. If your church does not have a prolife ministry or outreach, find out why and perhaps start one!
- Your Family. If you are a parent, raise your children to be a great mom or dad, a best friend, and a Godly husband or wife. If we can teach our kids that they are valuable, they will know their own children, planned or unplanned, are just as valuable.
- Participate in local outreaches. In many communities, you’ll find a 40 Days for Life group, prayer meetings, and fundraisers that could use your help.
- Help a mom. Do you know anyone that could use a babysitter once a week or a ride to work? Maybe someone to talk to? We all do! A little help to them goes a very long way, and a shoulder to lean on is like gold.
- Donate, donate, donate. Your kids or grandkids outgrown things are very valuable to a mom that can’t afford to buy those things. And DIAPERS! A big bag of diapers donated to your local outreach is a huge blessing. And your TIME is invaluable!
- PRAY. And pray some more! Post-abortive women and moms that are in the valley of decision need your prayerful support and lots and LOTS of Jesus. Please remember them in your prayer time!